Are shoes and coats a common sight in your entryway? Do you want to make your home feel more inviting and safer? You might consider investing in an entryway bench. An entryway bench placed near your front door will give you and your family a comfortable place to relax while you put on or take off your shoes. It can also be used as a storage area for your shoes and umbrellas. You can hang your keys and coats on some entryway benches.
There are many styles and sizes to choose from when shopping for an entryway bench. You’ll find some entryway benches that have more functions than others. You can find the best entryway bench for your home by reading our shopping guide.
We will also discuss price as these versatile furniture pieces can be as expensive as their style and functionality. Continue reading to discover our top picks.
Best Entryway Benches
- Add a rustic addition with the brown wooden accents
- Black steel frame with chesterfield charm
- Sit with comfortable foam padding under the PU leather surface
- Comfy upholstery for changing shoes, store small accessories
- The interior space may not be for a large family. It’s a good idea to check the dimensions before buying.
- Natural bamboo with nice looking
- Sturdy for indoor use
- Easy to assemble and clean
- Not suitable for outdoor use
- Sturdy structure of solid oak wood
- Large storage space and versatile use
- Stable sitting experience when putting on or taking off shoes
- Well-built to last
- No shoe rack. But you can put shoes or boots underneath.
- A perfect combo of shelf, coat rack and shoe storage bench
- Three-layer shoe rack design
- With front hooks and side hooks
- MDF board with coated metal frame
- Take a bit effort to assemble for some people
- Stable powder-coated iron structure
- Firm and thick cushion is comfortable and breathable.
- Easy to match with your carpet and furniture
- Easy to assemble
- Even though it’s sturdy, its load capacity and size can only hold one person at a time.
- Well-constructed with rustic oil brushed alloy metal and wood board
- Easy to clean with the metal mesh shelf
- Adjustable feet for the most comfortable sitting experience
- A bit tricky to assemble for some people
- Check the dimensions before buying.
2 used from $131.84
- Large capacity for shoes
- Provide good storage space for small items
- Easy to clean the floor under the bench
- It’s better to wrap the sharp edges and corners to prevent hitting.
- Occasional issues after heavy-duty use or sitting.
What to Consider When Choosing an Entryway Bench?
The functionality and space of your entryway will determine the furniture you choose. The following questions will help you narrow down your search for the ideal entryway bench.
- What is the purpose of your entryway?
- How much entry space can you use?
- What material do you prefer?
Some families use the front door as a way to enter or exit, while some families use a mudroom or side door as the main entrance. The front door sometimes may be the place you greet guests.
When your entryway is a large space where your family can put on/take off their shoes and store their going-out essentials, such as shoes, umbrellas, keys, and mail. A durable two-seat with shoe storage cabinet and drawers will be more suitable to keep all necessities hidden.
If you want to hang your coat, hats, and handbags on the entryway, then a bench with a simple coat rack and shelves will be the best option. Or, you can install a few racks on the wall, and place a simple shelf bench on the floor.
If the entryway is more formal and isn’t used often, you can make it design-focused as a showcase. A storage cabinet or accent table can be a focal point in this area.
Wooden or metal entry benches are common. Metal frames have a modern look and take up less space. This is a good choice for homes with modern decor.
Upholstery seating is also a comfortable necessity for some people. It should be easy to clean and stain-resistant. A light-colored bench for your entryway may not be a good choice for small children and pets.
Wood offers many options. Wood looks great, no matter what style you prefer. A rich mahogany or oak finish is a good match for traditional furniture. A farmhouse-inspired feel can be achieved with birchwood or white wood.
If you have a preferred finish, color, or material that matches the decor in your home, for example, your entryway is covered in lavender wallpaper, you won’t need a bench made of wine red. You might choose to purchase an entryway bench made from barn wood if your entryway is covered in barn wood flooring.
Your home’s entryway may be small or large. The size of your bench will determine the best fit for your space. Before you start shopping, measure your entryway.
A large bench can overwhelm a small entryway. However, a small bench might not be sufficient to provide enough seating for a larger family or home.
An entryway bench with a higher back panel and hooks and shelves is a good option if you have limited horizontal space.
Hence, before you start shopping, measure your entranceway. Before you place an order, measure the width, height, and depth of the bench.
Many people consider storage to be one of the main benefits of an entryway bench. Some benches include a shelf above or below the seating area to store shoes. Many upholstered benches have hidden storage compartments. These are just a few of the many options.
Many entryway benches have multiple cubbies that are located above or below the seating area. These cubbies can hold baskets and other small items.
Many entryway benches come with multiple hooks or shelves for keys, coats, shoes, and other items.
A bench that doubles as an entryway bench can be combined with cabinets to provide additional storage space. You can close the doors to the cabinets and hide items you don’t wish out in the open, or from guests.
Many entryway benches offer seatings, but the types of seating and cushioning will vary. You will get more seating if the bench is larger and more expensive.
A padded entryway bench with plush pillows creates warmth and a cozy feeling. The cushions will need special cleaning. It is much easier to clean bare metal or wood seating areas than cushioned ones. A damp rag and some cleaning spray are enough. A bare bench can look more spartan or cold than a cushioned one.
You should be aware that some entryway benches have a weight limit. This is especially true if you choose a cheaper entryway bench made from less-sturdy materials.
Which Storage Type Is More Versatile, Open Shelving Or Baskets?
Both storage options have their advantages. Open shelving above the seating area makes it a great place to store shoes or hats that are seldom worn. Shoes and boots that are in heavy rotation can be stored below the seating area. Baskets are a good option for shoes and other small items. Both baskets and shelving are functional but you should consider your individual needs before buying.
You may not find many storage options on a simple bench. There may be a way to use the space below the bench to store your shoes or to hang keys and keys from the hook above.
Most entryway benches have a 35-45 inch seating area. This usually provides enough space for two adults.
You can always change the style of a basket on an entryway bench that has a basket area.
How To Clean And Maintain A Bench?
You should clean your entryway bench based on its material. If the bench is made of wood, metal, or PU leather, most stains, and dust can be wiped down with a damp cloth and some cleaning solutions, Rinse clean with water and dry with a cloth, let it air dry.
If the upholstered bench has a fabric cushion, you should make sure whether it is removable and machine washable.
However, if the cushion is not very thick, you can scrub the stains with a soft brush, detergent, and water, rinse clean with water and towel dry the surface, and let it air dry in the sun.
Avoid placing muddy shoes on the bench, otherwise, the sands will scratch the surface coating.