When it comes to a day at the beach, there’s nothing better than kicking back and relaxing on the sand. But, when it’s time to pack up and head home, having sand stuck all over your body and clothes is no fun. That’s where a beach towel comes in handy. It’s a must-have beach accessory that not only provides a soft spot to lounge but also protects your body from direct contact with the sand. And let’s not forget how useful it is for drying off after taking a dip in the ocean.
Unlike regular bath towels, beach towels are larger and provide ample space to stretch out and unwind. They’re also great for poolside lounging. Beach towels are made with thinner material that dries quickly and makes it easy to fold and carry to and from your favorite spot in the sun.
Choosing the perfect beach towel can be a challenge, with various materials and sizes to consider. You’ll also need a towel that can withstand exposure to sand, sun, and water. But with the right beach towel in hand, you can relax and soak up the sun with peace of mind, knowing that you’ll stay sand-free and comfortable all day long.
- [HIGH QUALITY TURKISH COTTON] EPHESUS Turkish Beach Towels are made from high quality Turkish cotton. They are sourced from traditional Turkish bath culture. Our Turkish beach towels can also be used at bath, pool, gym or yoga. They are very large in size so you can use them as blanket.
- [FAST DRYING & HIGH ABSORBENT] Thanks to the original Turkish cotton, EPHESUS Beach Towels are highly absorbent, very soft, quick dry and lightweight. All our towels are prewashed and sand resistant.
What To Consider When Choosing Beach Towels?
When it comes to choosing the perfect beach towel, there are several factors to consider. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
Beach towels are larger than standard bath towels, providing enough space to stretch out and relax.
Standard bath towels are usually not big enough to provide adequate coverage for lounging on the beach. Beach towels, on the other hand, come in a range of sizes that are better suited for seaside activities. The smallest beach towels are typically around 30 by 60 inches, while larger options can measure up to 35 by 78 inches. If you’re looking for something truly spacious, round beach towels can have a diameter of up to 75 inches. With these larger dimensions, beach towels offer more coverage and comfort for extended lounging sessions.
Beach towels can be made from a variety of materials, each with its own unique qualities. Look for towels made with materials that are absorbent, quick-drying, and durable enough to withstand exposure to sand, sun, and water. Popular materials include cotton, microfiber, and bamboo. Here are some of the most common materials used for beach towels:
- Cotton: Cotton is a popular material for beach towels because it is soft, absorbent, and durable. It’s also easy to care for and comes in a wide range of colors and patterns.
- Microfiber: Microfiber beach towels are made from synthetic materials like polyester and nylon. They are lightweight, quick-drying, and take up less space than cotton towels. Microfiber towels are also less likely to collect sand.
- Bamboo: Bamboo beach towels are eco-friendly and antimicrobial, making them a good choice for those who are environmentally conscious. They are soft, absorbent, and naturally resistant to bacteria and odors.
- Linen: Linen beach towels are lightweight, quick-drying, and naturally antibacterial. They are also highly absorbent and have a luxurious feel. However, linen towels can be more expensive than other materials.
- Turkish cotton: Turkish cotton is a premium material that is soft, absorbent, and dries quickly. It’s also lightweight and easy to pack. Turkish cotton beach towels are often more expensive than other types of towels.
While some people may prefer thick and plush towels for their absorbency and softness, others may find them too bulky and heavy to carry around. Thinner beach towels, on the other hand, are more lightweight and easier to pack, making them a great choice for travelers and beachgoers. Additionally, thinner towels tend to dry faster than thicker ones, which is a desirable feature for those spending long hours under the sun. Ultimately, the choice of thickness depends on personal preference and intended use.
Beach towel designs come in a wide range of styles, colors, and patterns to fit any beachgoer’s preferences. Some designs are bold and colorful, while others are more understated or feature patterns like stripes or polka dots. Beach towels can also feature images of beach scenes, animals, plants, or popular characters, making them a fun accessory for kids and adults alike. Some beach towels have unique shapes, such as round or triangular, and may feature fringe or tassels for added style. The design of a beach towel can add to the overall beach experience and make lounging on the sand or by the pool more enjoyable.
Beach towel weight can vary depending on the material, size, and thickness of the towel. Generally, beach towels are lighter in weight compared to bath towels, as they are designed to be more portable and easy to carry to the beach or pool. The weight of a beach towel can range from around 8 ounces for a thin and lightweight microfiber towel, up to 2 pounds for a thicker and larger cotton towel.
When choosing a beach towel, it’s important to consider the weight as well as other factors such as material, size, and absorbency. A lighter-weight towel can be easier to carry and dry more quickly, but a heavier towel may feel more luxurious and provide better coverage.
Beach towel pockets are convenient features that can be found on some beach towels. They are typically small pockets or pouches sewn into the corner or along one of the edges of the towel. These pockets can be used to store small items such as keys, cell phones, sunglasses, or sunscreen. Beach towel pockets can be especially useful for those who prefer to travel light to the beach, or for those who do not want to leave their valuables unattended while swimming. However, not all beach towels have pockets, so if this is an important feature for you, be sure to check for it when shopping for beach towels.
Beach towel loops are small fabric loops sewn onto the edge of a towel, usually at the corners, that allow you to hang the towel for drying or storage. They can be made of the same material as the towel or a different material such as a sturdy nylon webbing. The loops are usually located at the center of the towel edge and can be used to hang the towel on hooks, rods, or lines. Beach towel loops are a convenient feature that can help keep your towel dry and organized while also making it easy to carry.
Beach towels with built-in pillows are a great way to relax in comfort at the beach or by the pool. These towels typically have a small inflatable pillow or foam insert built into the top or one end of the towel. The pillow provides extra support and cushioning for your head and neck while you’re lounging in the sun.
Some beach towels with built-in pillows also have adjustable straps or buckles to keep the pillow securely in place, so you can easily adjust the position or remove it if you prefer to use the towel without the pillow. These towels come in various sizes, materials, and designs, so you can find one that fits your needs and style preferences.
If you plan to use beach towels regularly or you have a family, purchasing a multi-pack of towels may be a great option. Some companies offer packs with two, three, four, or more towels for the same price as one individually purchased towel. However, if you only need one beach towel, buying it separately might be the more logical choice.
What Is The Difference Between A Beach Towel And A Bath Towel?
The main difference between a beach towel and a bath towel is its purpose and design. A beach towel is specifically designed to be used on the beach or poolside, while a bath towel is designed for use in the bathroom after showering or bathing.
Beach towels are usually larger and more absorbent than bath towels, allowing them to dry quickly and provide a comfortable place to sit or lie down on the sand or grass. They are also made with thinner and lighter materials, making them easy to pack and carry around.
In contrast, bath towels are typically thicker and more plush, providing a cozy and warm feel after stepping out of the shower or bath. They are usually smaller in size compared to beach towels, as they do not need to cover as much surface area.
Overall, while both towels serve the purpose of drying the body, their differences in design and function make them better suited for different environments and activities.
How Can I Make My Beach Towels Last Longer?
To make your beach towels last longer, there are several steps you can take:
- Wash them properly: Always follow the care instructions on the label of your beach towels. Use a gentle detergent and avoid using fabric softeners, which can damage the fibers and reduce absorbency.
- Avoid using bleach: Bleach can weaken the fibers of your beach towel and cause it to become discolored over time.
- Hang them to dry: Allow your beach towels to dry completely after each use. Avoid leaving them crumpled up in a damp pile, which can lead to mildew and mold growth.
- Store them properly: Store your beach towels in a dry, well-ventilated area. Avoid storing them in plastic bags or containers, which can trap moisture and lead to mold growth.
- Don’t overload your washing machine: Overloading your washing machine can damage the fibers of your beach towels and reduce their absorbency. Wash them in small loads to ensure they have enough space to move around freely.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your beach towels last longer and remain soft, fluffy, and absorbent.
Should Beach Towels Be Thick Or Thin?
When it comes to beach towels, it’s generally better to choose a towel that is thin rather than thick. Thin beach towels are lightweight and easier to carry around, making them ideal for a day at the beach or pool. Additionally, thinner beach towels tend to dry more quickly than thicker towels, which is a plus if you plan on using the towel multiple times throughout the day. Thick towels, on the other hand, are better suited for use as bath towels, where absorbency is a top priority.
How Often Should I Wash Beach Towels?
Beach towels should be washed after every use, especially if they have been exposed to salt water, sand, or sunscreen. These substances can cause the towel to become dirty and smelly over time. It is recommended to wash beach towels in hot water with a regular amount of detergent and avoid using fabric softeners as they can reduce the towel’s absorbency. Hang the towel in direct sunlight to dry, as this can help to remove any remaining bacteria or odors.