When it comes to living room decor, some think wall painting is very important, some prefer beautiful sofas. Rather than spending huge time and money on choosing wall painting or a big sofa of unchangeable prints, we recommend having some beautiful and soft throw pillows of different style prints on the random sofa, so you can transform your room style from time to time. Moreover, a throw pillow is a temporary support for your back when you lean on the sofa and bed.
Throw pillows can be placed on the armchairs, beds, windows to mix and match the room’s main accent. There are a lot of throw pillow styles to brighten your life. Get some inspiration from the following throw pillow ideas.
Plant Print Throw Pillowcase
Plants are a timeless element in home decor. A plant-type throw pillow case can be floral printed or greenery pattern, which can beautify your boring sofa and empty window, and boost your mood.
1. Floral Print Throw Pillows
Refresh your home decor with blooming flower pillow covers.
2. Rural Flower Embroidery Pillowcases
3. Greenery Pattern Pillowcase
4. Autumn Orange Leaves Sofa Pillowcase
Autumn is the harvest season, with fallen leaves, crops and fruits, is full of yellow and orange atmosphere. Celebrate your autumn festivals with these autumn throw pillow covers.
Animal Pattern Sofa Pillow Cover
Sofas are furniture with unchangeable prints and colors, which will be dull after some time. Some adorable animal pattern sofa pillow covers will make your living room from boring to interesting without spending too much money.
5. Flamingo Sofa Pillow Case
The flamingo is a sign of joy and harmony. The flamingo pattern pillow covers are designed with vibrant colors and natural cotton linen. Transform your indoor or outdoor space with these wonderful cushion covers.
6. Bird Sofa Pillow Case
Refresh your home by adding some beautiful bird throw pillow covers that match your budget.
7. Peacock Throw Pillowcase
Peacock is stunning with mesmerizing colors and the meaning of prosperity.
8. Butterfly Cushion Case
Butterflies fly in flowers with their beautiful light wings, making you miss your delicate, colorful and relaxing home.
9. Elephant Sofa Pillowcase
Elephants represent wisdom, strength, and moderation, they have a spirit of cooperation and are loyal to their partners. Are you fond of a colorful elephant pillow cover?
10. Leopard Pattern Pillowcase
Leopard pattern is widely used in fashion brands. People who use leopard prints are full of confidence and intelligence.
11. Dog Sofa Pillow Case
Nothing can match the natural loyalty of a dog after you give them food and shelter. They are grateful. If you are a dog lover, or you don’t have a dog, place a cute funny dog print pillowcase on the sofa.
12. Cat Print Sofa Pillowcase
The most adorable animal prints on pillowcases will make your day and melt your heart. Cat is the one.
13. Zebra Print Throw Pillowcase
It’s a good idea to decor your couch with the beautiful stripes of lovely zebra. What colors will you choose, black & white or colorful?
14. Unicorn Sofa Pillow Case
Cartoon makes unicorns not mystery anymore. Unicorns become cute and magic. If there is any little girls in your family, unicorn throw pillows will definitely shorten the distance between you.
15. Sea Fish Throw Pillow Cover
These sea fish throw pillows will add some navy blue to your home.
16. Deer Throw Pillow Case
Holiday Decor Pillow Cover
Holiday home decorations can spread extra holiday cheers, and brightening up your house will not break the bank if you choose some holiday throw pillowcases.
17. Pillow Case for Lovers
Show your love with the very best unique Valentine’s Day throw pillows to decor your space.
18. Happy Easter Decor Pillow Cover
Easter bunnies are always welcome. The Easter bunny throw pillows make your spring family day cozy and happy. It’s festive and vigorous to mix and match the bunny pillows with some botanical throw pillows.
19. Halloween Decor Pillow Cover
What are the must-have Halloween items in your home? Set up a spooky home with some ghoulish and stylish Halloween throw pillows. They are kid-friendly and cozy.
20. Thanksgiving Decor Throw Pillow Cover
21. Christmas Decor Pillow Case
The most essential decoration for Christmas is a trimmed tree. How about placing some Christmas throw pillows under the tree or on the sofa? Happiness and charity is the best way to get the spirit of Christmas.
22. Geometric Art Pillow Case
Geometric art is the ultimate interpretation of lines and colors. The combination of geometric art and throw pillows design your home and life.
23. Scene Throw Pillow Cover
24. Music Note Pillow Cover
25. Fashion Print Pillowcase
26. Royal Silk Throw Pillow Covers
27. Life Quotes Pillow Covers
28. Flag Pillow Covers
29. Braided Throw Pillow Cover
30. Pure Color Blush and Chenille Throw Pillows
Get bored and dazzled with those abundant patterns and colors? Try some pure color pillow case to live a simple life.
What is the regular size and shape of sofa pillows?
There are commonly three types of sofa pillows: square, rectangle, special-shaped.
Square throw pillow size are regular 18″* 18″(45cm*45cm), 20″*20″ ( 50cm*50cm), and 24″*24″ (60cm*60cm).
Rectangle throw pillow size is 12″*20″(30cm*50cm).
Special-shaped pillows are lovely designed as animal shapes, plant shapes, food shapes, etc. There is no specific size for these novelty pillows.
What fabric is the best for throw pillows?
- Cotton is the most comfortable throw pillowcase material and has great absorbency for humidity and oil. It is easy to care for four seasons. Choose some pillowcases of different patterns, and replace them at any time you like. You can simply wash them in the washer.
- Also, there are other common pillow cover materials, such as nylon, linen, silk, velvet, faux fur, faux leather, and knitted wool.
- The nylon pillowcase is smooth like silk, easy to maintain. As it’s a synthetic fabric, it creates static electricity in dry weather.
- Linen is a kind of natural fabric. It’s breathable and popular for sofa pillowcases.
- Silk is luxurious and delicate and needs special care in use. It’s usually used for sleeping pillows.
- Velvet and fur sofa pillows look warm and cozy. It’s best to be used in colder weather.
- Faux leather pillowcases will allow you to enjoy the feel of leather if you have a leather sofa.
- The knitted cushion cover is somewhat elastic and thicker than other materials.
What are the filling materials of throw pillows?
When selecting throw pillows one of the most important points to consider is the type of insert. If you invest in a good quality insert, it will last years. The benefit is that you can change covers to suit seasons. There are four main types of materials to choose from.
- Polyester. This is a synthetic material and the cheapest option. It is a good choice if your pillow will only be used for display purposes. Like being put on a bed during the day but removed at night.
- Down. These are more durable compared to the polyester versions. However, they can be twice as costly. They are long-lasting and can withstand use better. Placed on a sofa or a chair, they can be fluffed back up after use.
- Foam. Pillows made from foam hold their shape better compared to either of the other two varieties. They are more commonly lumbar or squared throw pillows.
- Combination pillows with 95% feathers and 5% down tend to be most comfortable. They are also eco-friendly, unlike the foam or polyester ones. Needless to say, they are also usually the most expensive.
How many throw pillows should be placed on a sofa?
At least three. The number of throw pillows depends on the size of your sofa. You can mix and match different styles, such as one pillow of the sofa pattern, one simple style, one with vigorous print. Buy more pillow covers with different patterns than pillows, then you can refresh the space accent as you want at any time.
How to make throw pillows fluffy?
If your throw pillow has a polyester, feather, or cotton insert, leave it in the sun for over 2 hours then pat and grab the cotton to break up the insert until it’s fluffy.
How to wash throw pillows?
For throw pillowcases,
- They should be washed regularly, once or twice a month according to the weather, as everyone who sits on the sofa is likely to lean on it and hug it. Especially when you have kids at home, they will leave stains on throw pillows when sitting or crawling on the sofa.
- Turn over the pillow cover, put it into the washing machine.
- Silk pillow covers should be hand washed.
- Don’t soak pillow covers for too long.
- Avoid bleach patterned pillow covers.
- Faux leather pillow covers should avoid direct sunlight exposure.
- You can wash them in a washing machine once or twice a year.
- Use regular laundry detergent to wash throw pillows.
- Make sure the pillows are completely dry before use.